Monday, February 15, 2016

Cliff

Someone is hanging off the edge of a cliff.

Their friend is holding their hand out above them, saying, "Give me your hand! I'll help you up!"

But the person says, "No!"

Again the friend says, "Give me your hand, or you'll fall off this cliff!"

Again the person says, "No! I won't give you my hand!"

The friend calls over another friend and says, "Can you talk some sense into this person?"

The 2nd friend offers their hand.

Again the person hanging off the edge of the cliff says, "No! I don't need help!"

Cracking sounds can be heard.

The person says, "You hear those sounds. This cliff can't hold my weight. I'm going to fall off soon. If you two are really my friends, why aren't you helping me?"

Both friends answer, "We're trying to help you, but you won't let us! Take one of our hands, or you're going to fall off the cliff and die!"

The person says, "Don't try to scare me with threats; just help me!"

Both friends answer, "We're trying to help you, but you won't listen!"

Both continually offer their hands, each time being turned down.

A hiker is walking by and hears the commotion and comes over to investigate. The hiker offers their hand as well.

The person hanging off the edge of the cliff says, "No! I don't need anyone's hand!"

The 1st friend says, "Yes, you do!"

The person says, "Don't force your answers onto me; just help me!"

The 1st friend says, "We're trying!" The friend again offers their hand.

The edge of the cliff breaks, and the person's hand slips, and the person falls off the cliff.

Do you understand yet?

No comments:

Post a Comment