Saturday, January 27, 2018

Just Venting

Can someone please just tell me what I'm supposed to DO in this absolutely nonsensical, childish, thoughtless world?? The secular world DOES NOT think about these subjects. Ask ANY of them and all you'll get is regurgitated garbage that they CANNOT BACK UP WITH FACTS OR LOGIC. ALL they have is the same things, over and over, that they hear on Reddit or their favorite astronomer's Twitter account, or whatever, and take to heart, without critically thinking about or weighing against reality.

I've been seriously studying, thinking, reflecting my ENTIRE LIFE. I'm not being facetious or exaggerating when I say that EVERY SINGLE TIME I have a discussion or argument with somebody who is against Christianity, every word they say/write makes me feel like I'm arguing with a toddler. It is SO EASY to disprove, negate every single argument they present.......... but HOW am I supposed to deal with that? There's nowhere for my thoughts to go - they go in one ear and out the other because I'm not arguing on the same toddler-like "HURR HURR BETTUR NOT SAY A KURSE WURD KUZ DA CHRISTCHIN LL HEAR IT N GET MAD LAWLZIES" mentality that it seems the rest of society has. Who reads my thoughts and considers them? Where are seeds planted as a result of anything I say?

I consider lust in the sense of how it affects one's ability to do more productive things; the value of "acting on lust" compared/contrasted with the value of doing something else in the same time frame; how lust is normalized through people's actions and how that affects my immediate surroundings. The world I fight against considers lust in the sense of "HURR KRISTCHINS DONT LIKE ME TOUCHIN BOOBIEZ BUT IM DOIN IT ANYWYA LOLZIEZZZZZZZZZZZ!!!!!!! IM SO REBELLIUS IM SO EDGY LOL" or something like, "AS LONG AS IT MAKES PEOPLE FEEL HAPPY THEN IT CAN'T BE WRONG!"

By the way, can people just [redacted] with that insane "if it makes people happy" [redacted] nonsense? I don't know what world these people have been living in, but in the world I live in, it is, indeed, possible to be happy while not actually living in happy circumstances. Deceit; chemical imbalances; living in denial; being unaware of danger; all of these things and more can lead to people being "happy" while not actually being happy/healthy/ what have you.

Anyway.

Oh, and ""sin"" isn't a go-to word for "consensual sex". Keep in mind that "sin" is a broad subject, so every time you advocate for "sin", you are also advocating for theft, murder (WITHOUT a good reason like self-defense), rape, and so on.

I consider evangelism in terms of others' well-being. It is a responsibility of mine to share the message of the gospel because it will lead others away from Hell, and lead to a(n ACTUAL) healthy relationship with God. The world views evangelism as "HEY! YOU HAVE TO THINK THE SAME WAY AS ME! I DON'T LIKE OTHER OPINIONS BECAUSE I'M A BOSSY POO POO FACE!!!"

It's not that I don't ""like other opinions"". Though if you want me to dislike other opinions, whining to me like this is certainly a good way to get me to feel that way anyway! :) :) :) I don't care what other people's "opinions" are. If you don't like harsh noise, I don't care. If you don't like goth culture, I don't care. If you'd rather watch sports on TV than study ancient cultures, I DON'T CARE. If somebody warns you you're about to fall off a cliff, is that person being "opinionated"? No, and so it is with evangelism as well.

BUT YOU'D NEVER GET THIS FROM THE "WORLD".

I don't get it.



And yes, I DO KNOW it sounds extremely pretentious to be talking like this. I don't need it brought to my attention, I already know how self-absorbed, egotistical, etc it sounds. And I would agree..... IF it weren't REPEATEDLY proven true, MY ENTIRE LIFE. Every single year of my life has proven to me over, and over, and over, and over again how much more I know about these subjects than the people who spit on me over them. Their ignorance is made plain as day, and STILL they cling to their logical fallacies, and stereotypes, and flat-out LIES, thereby proving themselves to be guilty of the exact same things of which they accuse Christians.

This bothers me so often. What am I supposed to do?? Nowhere are these words taken seriously. No amount of research yields anything that people take to heart. No amount of evidence. No amount of flat-out PROOF. Because people just take their opinions and fallacies over actual truth.

Where do I belong in any of this??

I'm just venting.
Consider this a prayer, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment