Thursday, May 25, 2023

Artwork I Probably Won't Use

I have a bunch of ideas floating around at any given time, but some of them just don't work for various reasons. I have a bunch of cover art ideas sitting in my folders. Here are some that I won't use. As much as I'd like to give timeframes for these, I sadly don't know when most of them are from; the dates in the file data were reset because of computer problems I had some time ago. But they are all Christian. CLICK IMAGES TO VIEW FULL SIZE. The images are all (C) Nocturnal Iridescence, and may not be used without permission from me.


Left: UNDARK / UN DARK. As I recall, I was just messing around with paint brushes.

Right: 005[. . .] This is a concept for an industrial project I haven't done any music for yet. I'll reveal the full name in time. Anyway, I wanted it to look vague, but also futuristic. I considered using it for a cassette, but I don't think that's going to happen.


Left: Concept drawing for uh.... based on the logo, I assume a war metal project. The logo reads "xanax" but that was never going to be the project name. It was just the first thing I thought of that was a palindrome and thus easy to make a placeholder logo for. It's two axes on fire. (The ax heads are at the bottom.) I think the earth is behind the axes.

Right: Some kind of glitch art. I don't even remember how I made it. Unfortunately it's too small to be cover art, though maybe I'll reuse the idea someday.


Project was called "○◙". The album was going to be called ▯▯▯▯▯▯▯ (just seven blank rectangles). It was going to be some kind of noise. But I have a few noise projects already. I don't really need another one.


Project was called Christsenesorg. This was never a serious project, just an idea I had. Anyway, the band name comes from Bandcamp's "full discography" feature, where it puts several cover artworks on top of each other to visualize that you're buying all of a page's albums. One time I happened to be on one of Kenneth Holsen's pages and noticed the portions of artwork spelled "Christsenesorg" so I brainstormed a bit.



"Cleansing Fog". It was going to be something like the band Yze. I have another project for this now, though. (Not revealed yet.) The scribble used in the background for both artworks was done by an acquaintance of mine. I edited the colors and such. (Of course I was going to ask before actually using either of these artwork ideas.)

The left one was first, and I think was going to be used for a demo. I don't seem to have ever had a title for it. The right one was going to be used for an A5 digipak / DVD case / etc. and it's called "Behold, God Is Exalted and We Do Not Know Him; the Number of His Days Is Unsearchable. Can You Discover the Depths of God?"


Left: DEMONIICT. I don't remember how I got the band name. I have this vague memory of putting two words together, but I'm not sure. All I know is I wanted it to appear occult to attract attention, without actually being occult. Anyway, the album title was "Examination of the Final Future". It was going to be a denunciation of the Illuminati. I think it was symphonic black metal. I'd still like to use this someday, but it'd probably be under one of my established projects, not a new one.

Right: I have this text associated with this: חָנֵּ֥נִי יְהוָה֮ כִּ֤י צַ֫ר־לִ֥י עָשְׁשָׁ֖ה בְכַ֥עַס עֵינִ֗י נַפְשִׁ֥י וּבִטְנִֽי
It's Psalm 31:9 in Hebrew. I don't remember if that was going to be the band name or the album name. Either way, it's too small to be used for cover art.



"Dark Acclaim". I made the logo randomly, and then tried to make letters out of the scribbles. "Dark Acclaim" was what I read. It was going to be a very casual project for when I needed something to do, but didn't have any ideas. I'm sure if I ever have a need for that though, there will be more than enough material in my folders. Maybe I'll even reuse some of these ideas in higher resolution/quality.


I don't remember what I was going to use these for. Too small for cover art though.


Left: I thought this would fit well with grunge music, but I'm not really interested in doing grunge at this time. I'm not sure what the band name was, honestly. I can't read the text.

Right: Brainstorming idea I had for a logo. It doesn't actually say anything. It's made from messing around with the "XXII Ultimate-Black-Metal" font.

No comments:

Post a Comment