Thursday, July 16, 2015

Message

Why does this blog get sporadic amounts of views? This blog could go a week, and get maybe 5 views, but in a single day recently, it got over 100. Why does that happen?

Anyway, I just wanted to point out a concern I had. I went to a certain doom metal band's page on Metal Archives recently, and they were listed as having Christian lyrical themes. Which I found to be strange, considering the side project I knew one of the band members had, but whatever. A glance at the lyrics revealed lyrics with Biblical symbolism, and discussion of certain Biblical events, which is fairly common in doom metal as I understand, but anyone who's actually familiarized themselves with the relevant passages would see that this clearly wasn't a Christian band. (Their souls should be in our prayers)

So I corrected the "lyrical themes" section.

I often used to think that most people had already familiarized themselves with scripture, and just didn't listen to it, but it's becoming increasingly clear lately that this isn't the case at all. A lot of people actually don't know... much of anything about the Bible. They have all these complaints about, for example, things the church does, never realizing they're actually often the same complaints God Himself has about the activities of the church. Not that pointing this out does a lot (though it's still worth doing).

But it really hit me when I read that band's lyrics. I won't say the name of the band, or write down any of the lyrics here, but were these lyrics, that clearly contradicted the Bible, really being mistaken for Christianity?

We've really got to get on the ball with this. Before this, I had no idea the situation was actually this bad. You could argue that it might have only been the person who added the word "Christianity" there, and everyone else just skipped over it, or something, but even one person is still too much when we're talking about eternal life and the word of the very Creator of the universe.

Keep this in mind. God bless you all according to His perfect will. In Jesus' name. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment