Thursday, October 30, 2014

Imaginary Friends?

You're all probably wondering, "Are you ever going to write about metal again?" Yeah, one of these days.

So anyway, this is a post about imaginary friends and tulpas. From, like everything else here, a Christian perspective.

In theory, there's nothing wrong with the basic idea of an imaginary friend. There's nothing wrong with interacting with something that doesn't exist. Now, here's the problem: you have to be careful. 

At first, these beings are usually imaginary. But it's all too easy for negative forces that are real to get in there, and impersonate your imaginary friend. This isn't crazy of me to say, either. Back when I was into some occult stuff, there were beings/voices that I was almost certain were real, but there were one or two I knew were false. I purposely imagined those. But then they started to feel more real to me.

It happened really slowly, too. I knew they (the latter one(s)) were imaginary, but then I began to wonder. Why? I don't know. Eventually I didn't know that they weren't real anymore; I just started wondering. Eventually I just accepted that they were real, and what they became were misleading and deceptive, just like the real ones. This is a real phenomenon.

Quick note: I'm now aware that dealing with beings like that, which are real, is forbidden. Leviticus 19:31, Leviticus 20:6, Deuteronomy 18:9-14

Which leads to my next point. When they become real, that's when there's a problem. I mean, in theory, a "good" spirit has the capability to interact with you like that, but I have NEVER seen an instance of it. It's ALWAYS deceptive, demonic beings like the ones that interacted with me.

Tulpas in modern terms are basically the same thing as imaginary friends when you get down to it, but they appear a little more real, and can act without your 100% conscious command. Again, there's nothing theoretically wrong with this. It's not idolatry as one site I saw said, neither are imaginary friends, but you have to be even more careful with tulpas anyway. There is the very real possibility of negative beings entering in situations like that and taking control. It'd be even more subtle with a tulpa, because you're not (always) (consciously) controlling it. There's no real telling when a negative being could come in and how obvious its influence could be to you.

So, if I were you, I'd just avoid these ideas altogether, but I personally, won't explicitly forbid them. But I do recommend that you avoid them. And if you feel like you really need them, just be extremely, extremely careful. Enjoy them, but be careful. Most of you have no idea how deceptive those beings can be if something gets in there, and when you finally get the guts to kick out the negative beings if they appear... you'll feel pretty lousy afterwards, left with a lot of sticky negative essence and loneliness. May God bless, protect, and guide you all according to His perfect will. In Jesus' name. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment