Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Random Thoughts

Hear: A man committed many heinous crimes and went to jail with a life sentence. His lawyer - an honest one, looking to help - asked to speak to him, and they allowed him in to speak. The man informed the lawyer that he hated being in jail. The lawyer said happily, "There are things we can do to get you out! I've found a way to help you! Then you can be freed from this prison, and you can go out and find happiness again." But the man said, "No, I will find my own way out of jail. I don't need your help." And the man spent the rest of his life in jail. Everything he tried failed.



Also, isn't it astounding that I experience temptation the most when I'm closest to doing God's will? If sins are just caused by instinct or by human emotion, why am I tempted to sin more ONLY when I pose a threat to the adversary? Wouldn't I want to sin all the time?



If there is one thing I have learned in my like two months of online evangelizing, it's that there are some seriously mentally troubled human beings out there. In fact, you could get the same thing from reading the news, but people's instability has only been magnified in recent events. Humanists need to look at the world - I don't know what mankind they think can survive without God, but it's not the one on the planet where I live. These people are lost and in desperate need of a savior.

No comments:

Post a Comment